Hai Here is my first post!
Have you ever wondered how to dynamically apply CSS styles on Apex if yes you are on the right page.
Here I am going to explain to you how to make a page item as read-only and remove item borders to the Phone number page item.
So here I have added a style which will make the phone number as read-only and I will remove the border of the page item phone number only if it is an existing record if it is a new record user can type the phone number
I have added a Dynamic action on page load with a client-side condition on it and made it perform JS
In the JS I have added the following code to make the item readonly and remove the borders of the page item "P7_PHONE_NUMBER1" any page item will have its own name as ID so you can use that in the getElementById property
JS CODE:
document.getElementById("P7_PHONE_NUMBER1").readOnly = true; document.getElementById("P7_PHONE_NUMBER1").style.borderStyle = "none"; Result:
Have you ever wondered how to dynamically apply CSS styles on Apex if yes you are on the right page.
Here I am going to explain to you how to make a page item as read-only and remove item borders to the Phone number page item.
So here I have added a style which will make the phone number as read-only and I will remove the border of the page item phone number only if it is an existing record if it is a new record user can type the phone number
I have added a Dynamic action on page load with a client-side condition on it and made it perform JS
In the JS I have added the following code to make the item readonly and remove the borders of the page item "P7_PHONE_NUMBER1" any page item will have its own name as ID so you can use that in the getElementById property
JS CODE:
document.getElementById("P7_PHONE_NUMBER1").readOnly = true; document.getElementById("P7_PHONE_NUMBER1").style.borderStyle = "none"; Result:
![]() |
| When creating a new customer Phone number field is editable |
![]() |
| While editing an existing customer phone number field is read-only |




0 comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to ask questions.